Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Terve

that means hello.

I'm Clare. I'm a musician traveller nail-chewer cake-baker Rotary exchange student. I have messy red hair and blue eyes and wear three rings on the middle finger of my right hand. No one really understands why I chose Finland for my exchange year, including me. It was more than a whim and less than a definite feeling in my gut.

It's going to be tough. Finnish is one of the hardest languages to learn, and I'll have to make friends in a stereotypically "shy" culture. I also want to keep up my violin playing, and I don't know yet how to make that work (I hope to head for a performance degree post-Finland). But I believe things will fall into place. If not, I'll find a new place.

Hit me up in the comment boxes and share this year with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment